OVERVIEW: Potential Tropical Cyclone Three is forecast to slowly strengthen into a Tropical Storm later today over the north-central Gulf of Mexico. This system will bring a primary risk of heavy rainfall and flooding to parts of Central Alabama this weekend with a low-end risk of a tornado or two.
CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS FORECAST: Introduced Marginal Risk for severe storms, issued a Flash Flood Watch, and made adjustments to potential rainfall amounts.
* What: Conditional risk for a brief tornado or two.
* Where: Generally along and south of a line from Demopolis to Alex City.
* When: Saturday (10 AM – 10 PM).
* What: Sustained winds of 10-15 mph with occasional gusts up to 30 mph.
* Where: US HWY 80 and areas south.
* When: Saturday afternoon
* What: Heavy rain with accumulations of 3 to 5 inches with locally higher amounts resulting in flash flooding and river flooding.
* Where: Much of Central AL, especially south of I-20.
* When: Saturday through Sunday.