Sony Pictures(LOS ANGELES) — Christopher Plummer wants to make it clear: isn’t replacing Kevin Spacey in the upcoming film, All the Money in the World.
It was announced last week that Plummer, 87, would step in for Spacey, 58, in the Ridley Scott film after multiple sexual misconduct allegations have emerged against the former House of Cards star. In the wake of the allegations, Scott decided to excise all scenes that featured Spacey, who played tycoon J. Paul Getty in the film, and re-shoot the scenes with Plummer playing the part. It was an unprecedented decision, especially given All the Money in the World was scheduled to be released next month.
“It isn’t replacing. In a funny way it’s starting all over again because it’s going to be different, naturally,” Plummer told Entertainment Tonight.
Actor Anthony Rapp was the first to publicly accuse Spacey, saying the actor made an unwanted sexua; advance toward him when he was just 14 years old. Later, Richard Dreyfuss’ son, Harry, accused Spacey of unwanted groping, along with Heather Unruh, who claims the Oscar-winning actor brought her then-18-year-old son “drink after drink” and then groped his genitals at a restaurant bar in Nantucket, Massachusetts, in July 2016.
Spacey didn’t respond to requests for comments on the latest accusations, nor on being replaced in the All the Money in the World.
“The whole circumstance is sad,” Plummer told ET. “But I’ve got to forget that and go and do it, because it’s a very well-written script and Ridley has been very good.”
Plummer said the film is slated to begin re-shoots next Monday. “It’s quite a push,” he said.
Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.