Voters across Alabama will head to the polls today to elect a host of municipal leaders, with voters being able to cast their ballots until 7:00pm.
Voters are required to show photo identification.
Acceptable ID includes:
- Valid Alabama Driver’s License (not expired or has been expired less than 60 days)
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Digital Driver’s License
- Valid Alabama Non-driver ID (not expired or has been expired less than 60 days)
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Digital Non-driver ID
- Valid Alabama Photo Voter ID Card
- Valid State-Issued ID (Alabama or any other state) such as a valid Alabama Department of Corrections release temporary ID or valid pistol permit.
- Valid Federal-Issued ID
- Valid US passport
- Valid Employee ID from Federal Government, State of Alabama, County, Municipality, Board, or other entity of this state
- Valid student or employee ID from a public or private college or university in the State of Alabama (including postgraduate technical or professional schools)
- Valid student or employee ID issued by a state institution of higher learning in any other state
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Tribal ID
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic social distancing guidelines ARE in place – although Secretary of State John Merrill said masks are not required.
Merrill said any voter who isn’t allowed to cast a ballot because they aren’t wearing a mask should call the Secretary of State’s office at (334) 242-7200 OR call his cell phone at (334) 328-2787.