Library Holidays: Closed July 3, to observe Independence Day Fine Free week: 1st 7 Days of each month.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke for library news. Find us on Facebook @ Cherokee County Public Library!
Cherokee County Public Library is open, but with restriction.
These are the guidelines for the library at this time.
- The library will be practicing social distancing.
- Please respect others and stay six feet apart.
- There will be signs and tape to help with this.
- All programming for the month of July has been cancelled.
- The conference room will be closed until June.
- Only 5 people will be allowed in the computer lab at one time.
- You will be limited to one hour.
- We will limit the number of people inside the library to 10.
- During high traffic times, you may be required to wait outside.
- We want our children back at the library; however, at this time toys and puzzles have been removed from the children’s area due to the risk of spreading germs.
- We are also providing the option to make a book appointment.
- Call the library with your list of books/audiobooks, and if those books are currently available we will set up a time for you to come in and get them.
- If you are sick or have been around some one diagnosed with COVID-19, please remain at home until you are better.
Summer Reading began on May 29 Imagine your Story!!
- May 29 pick up folders and start counting books. Children and teens will still get prizes for every 5 books they read up to 25 books. After 25 books, the top reader in each age group gets a grand prize.
- Adults will use the author’s last name to complete a bingo board. Every bingo is one chance to win a gift certificate to a local restaurant.
- Programming will be different this year. The usual every Friday programming will not happen, but Facebook videos and activities can be viewed through August.
- May 29—Dr. Magical Balloons will be on our Facebook page
- June 12—ScienceTellers will be on our Facebook page
- July 17–Once Upon a WONDER-Filled Time! –Facebook page at 10:00
- Virtual Magic Academy—Facebook page
- This year we are introducing a new component to summer reading. We will be providing an activity pack filled with fun ideas related to our theme that children, teens, and adults can complete at home. They will have the opportunity to follow us on Facebook and share their creations on the scheduled dates.
Free ebook databases for a limited time. Go to the online catalog at www.tinyurl.com/mkofyke and click on the “Links” tab.